Week 1A: My Template

Hello everyone!  Welcome to my very first blog post.  I have never set up a blog before, so my criteria when choosing my template was pretty much just to find a design that caught my eye.  I may end up changing things once I get multiple posts going and get a better feel for how different layouts or templates will work.

The beach has always been an enjoyable place and this design brings back memories of a family vacation to Hawaii.  The water was beautiful, warm and clear.  We went snorkeling, explored sea cliffs and went on coastal hikes.  The place we stayed at was ocean front and afforded us fantastic views of the ocean, the sea turtles, and seals (or otters?) that played in the waves.  I find the colors to be serene and soothing.  It seems to be a pretty simplistic design as well, so posts should be easy to identify.

I use several social media platforms, but I've never done a blog.  Some social media sites I've only scratched the surface of, so I am definitely looking forward to this class to learn more about the world of social media in general, as well as how it can be a useful tool in the business world!

Comments

  1. Hey Lisa,
    I thought the personal connection to the style of this blog makes a connection to an audience more important that just picking a theme out of blue at random. I love hearing about your excitement for this class, and to learn more about social medias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!
    I really enjoyed reading about your beach memories and how they tied to your decision on this blog. I too chose a blog that I could relate to. I also have never made a blog or been a blogger but I am excited for this class. With a template that I enjoy and we can relate to I feel like it can make us look more forward to this blog adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16; post 1

Week 2, Part 1

Week 10, post 1