Week 4, part 2

I frequently shop online.  The convenience is great for my busy life and I tend to spend less money than if I were to shop in person.  I have a hard time passing up a "deal" even if its something I don't necessarily need.  Shopping online allows me to stay focused on what I do need and avoid the impulse buys!

One of my most used sites is http://www.amazon.com .  Who doesn't love amazon?  I use this site for everything from household products and groceries to birthday presents.  Amazon is great for the holidays. The kids in my family create wish lists that we can all use when looking for ideas for gifts.  My niece and nephew don't live locally and I love that I can buy birthday and holiday gifts from amazon and have them shipped directly to their homes(with giftwrap!), quickly-2 days with prime- and less expensive than wrapping and shipping it myself.  Amazon has also proved very helpful for hard to find household items (like non standard lightbulbs!) It saves me the time of going to home depot and searching in person.  Amazon is extremely user friendly.  I honestly can't think of anything I would change about the design of this site.  Regarding design, the logo is extremely visible and recognizable.  The search functions are easy to use.  The search bar is a drop down, which I know according to our text is not optimal, but it honestly doesn't bother me.  Amazon is intuitive, remembering your searches and suggesting other products based on your usage.  I definitely enjoy this site.

Another site I use is https://www.jcpenney.com/.  JCP is a go to for clothes for my family.  Admittedly, I find their site's homepage very busy.  There is usually a big block of red, with buttons to click depending on department you want to shop.  Whatever deals or discounts they have going on are in large white print against the red block.  It assaults my eyes.  That being said, it is easy to find what you are looking for.  There are many filter options to narrow down your search and help you move through your shopping experience quickly.  I know that I'll be able to find what I'm looking for. 

Online shopping is a great way to save time, money and frustration in most cases.  Companies that make their websites a priority will enjoy increased sales and customer loyalty.  In my opinion, ease of use is more important that the site looking "pretty", however having both does make the shopping experience more enjoyable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16; post 1

Week 2, Part 1

Week 10, post 1